Thursday 5 January 2012

Lucy & Vish's Cross Cultural Wedding Extravaganza - Day 1 of 3

Way back in June, off the back of my first wedding feature on RocknRoll Bride, I got an absolutely amazing enquiry. I was asked whether I was available to shoot a 2 day cross-cultural, Hindu-Catholic wedding in Manchester later in the year. Errrrmmmmmm....YES!!!

Lucy and Vish are a beautiful, warm, cool couple. You might remember them from the Engagement Shoot back in August, with their little mates Claire and Nigel?

The three days I spent up in Manchester were magical! This gorgeous wedding bought together different cultures, generations and guests from around the world for a celebration of genuine love and happiness. It was a really beautiful experience and one I feel honoured to have shot.

As I was there for 3 days I shot soooo many bloomin photos, this wedding is going to have to be blogged in 3 parts. Put the kettle on, pull up a pew and get settled......



The Mehndi


The evening before the Hindu wedding was the Mehndi. It was a lovely, cosy, relaxed evening where family prepared for the next day, applying the henna. They also followed the Hindu tradition of family members blessing the couple with spices etc. I could see Lucy anxiety seep through that her face might be stained yellow the next day but luckily it all washes off!!!





























2 comments:

  1. Hola soy Marta de España (Almería) este es el único sitio que he encontrado para dejar un comentario.
    Vuestras fotos me encantan, son una preciosidad. Yo también soy fotógrafa y aprecio mucho vuestro estilo fotográfico.
    Un saludo.
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos looking fwd to seeing the rest
    Chris Williams

    ReplyDelete